Monday, February 1, 2010

Lanterns Galore


I love how lanterns can transform a space from standard to stunning. The soft glow gives the venue a very romantic feel. And the best part is they come in a myriad of colors and patterns to fit any bride's style. Mixing and matching different sizes and colors give off extra visual appeal. Lanterns are also very budget friendly, which is probably why they are popular wedding decor.


My venue is a blank canvas, it's a large space to fill so to save myself from a logistic nightmare and some money in the process, I decided not to fill the entire ceiling space with lanterns. I want to create an intimate feel by hanging a single lantern over each table. This way I can incorporate the lantern into the centerpiece design, creating a bigger impact on the overall look. A 24 inch lantern in the traditional shape but with a unique pattern design will give it some texture. Tassels will be attached to each lantern too. My inspiration comes from Curbly who used dots applied to plain white lanterns.

http://curbly.com/swelldesigner/posts/6309-diy-dotted-tissue-paper-lantern

2 comments:

Aylee Bits said...

I love the dotted lantern! I can't wait to see yours.

Pink Orchid Weddings said...

interesting idea! I'd love to see how that would look at the reception. Hopefully you'll post photos!!