Sunday, February 28, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake!

Last week my MOH and I met with Jennifer Luxmoore, the cake lady and owner of Sin Dessert. Jennifer is as sweet as her cakes. She is also quite attentive and is very creative, which is reflected in her work. Her cake shop won the title of R.I Monthly Best Wedding Cake so it made sense to set up a cake tasting with her. I chose a few flavors and fillings from the menu on her website but Jennifer paired some complimentary fillings that charmed our taste buds. I was pleasantly surprised with the Mexican Ganache (pepper flakes and cinnamon) filling and Banana cake. However, I knew that most of our guests would favor the Coconut and lemon filling because the sweetness was more subtle. Our least favorite pairing was the hazelnut cake with the raspberry filling but it is simply because we don't fancy raspberry. As for the chocolate cake, it reigned supreme with its absolutely sinful hazelnut filling. I saved a piece for FI and he loved it! Overall, the cakes were rich and moist and I simply love the butter cream frosting, which is light and fluffy (not too sweet). It was difficult to decide on just one flavor so we chose three; the coconut, banana and chocolate. Jennifer sketched me a beautiful lotus inspired cake with lotus leaves detail spiraling down the cake in the shades of my wedding colors and gold trimming as accent. The top of the cake will have a large lotus flower identical to the lotus candles I will have as reception decor. The inspiration for the cake came from an ornate three tier peacock cake featured on her site from an Indian wedding. Aside from the cake, we will have cupcakes too! Yes, double the pleasure. I loved everything about Sin but I will have to wait for their proposal and I still have two more cake bakeries to meet with before we can make any decisions. However, my birthday is coming up so I might treat myself to one of Jennifer's sinful creations. I know there will be a party in my mouth!

Visit Sin Dessert

No comments: