Thursday, May 13, 2010

NWR: Home Sweet Home?

So the battle with the bank came to an end a couple of days ago. Bank of America decided to go with the appraisal even though there were major errors on the report. I really want to do a drive by and egg the appraiser's house for doing such a half ass job. The incompetent bastard made some big mistakes that affected the value of the property. And the bank has denied our request for a second appraisal. No loss on their part since we pay for it but whatever, this is why I hate big banks. They do nothing positive for people (customers) except take care of their fat pockets. The first with fees but the last to help. My advice is to not bank with Bank of America. Try the little guys first, they offer competitive rates and if you are a property virgin (new buyer) like us, they won't rape you with hidden fees and crapstatic service. We were more discouraged by our bank than the dilapidated boarded up fixer-uppers we encounter on our house hunt.

So now we wait to hear back from the seller. We have to renegotiate the terms of the sell. This is suppose to be a good thing except we have to make up the difference because the bank has only approved our loan for what the house is currently worth on the market - thanks to the low appraisal. We are not sure the seller will budge because she has rejected our offers before changing her mind. If we get the rejection from the seller, I am going to cry. I just get really attached to things. I have emotional investment in this house so the thought of losing it has really stressed me out. I sulk and I think about it, knowing the inevitable but still hopeful for a positive outcome.

No comments: