Friday, October 8, 2010

Uplight or Candle light?

The original plan was to have uplights to brighten up the cavernous white space of the Rotunda. However, we are not sure if we want to splurge on uplights when the sunset is so late in the evening. Is it worth the money for only a couple of hours? After all, we are having vibrant shades of pink, orange, and aqua/turquoise linens custom made for our reception tables and our floral centerpieces should also provide warmth and color to the room. What we want to achieve with the uplights is a soft subtle amber glow not the heavy saturated colors of a night club dance floor. The candle light is definitely more budget friendly and still provides a similar effect. I'd like to utilize the window space with candles galore. Of course they would have to be LED lights since our venue does not allow open flames. I'm definitely okay with that and I have a few ideas for the candle holders. We can string paper lanterns, use paper luminaries, clear glass votives, or capiz candle holders in the shape of Lotus blooms. The possibilities are endless. I guess it will largely depend on the florist since my linens and decor will have to compliment the style and color of my flowers. I have met with a few florists but have three more to meet with in the next two weeks. I was initially smitten with one florist but after discussing his concept ideas with Pepe, we want to see if someone else can best match our style and budget. I was a little turn off by his rejection of some of my ideas and my request to have half short and half high centerpieces. I do want someone who will give me honest feedback but not someone who tries too hard to impose his or her ideas on my wedding.

Reception Inspiration

The Rotunda with uplights


1 comment:

Wedding Websites said...

Awesome this is interesting.. Great Wonderful Wedding planning ideas Thanks Great