Thursday, March 3, 2011

Wedding Checks & Projects

- Scored my shoes at a local bridal shop for $58! (Free Delivery too)
- Won 6 gold rimmed charger plates on Ebay for $12.99 (including shipping)
- Won one flower girl dress for my niece for $25.00 (including shipping)
- Purchased a $150 Wedding Channel Deal gift certificate via The Knot for $75 from Sara Faella Make up Artistry and Hair Design
- Received a complimentary hair and make up session with pro pics from my lovely make up artist Sara Faella.
- Working on invitations and re-sending some Save the Dates as some people didn't receive it. I don't know what went wrong but it is a bit of a concern for me. I definitely should have stamped a return address on the back. Thank you USPS....
- Working on Two DIY projects including the flower girl baskets using 10" bamboo baskets ($5.99 each) spray painted white, tied with fuchsia ribbons and adorned with silk peony and rose flowers in light pink and fuchsia to match their dresses. I estimate the cost to be under $10 for each. My other project is the shoe clips. I found the backings for $2.50 on ebay and the ivory organza flowers with rhinestone center for $11 from etsy seller Supplier. I can't wait till everything comes in so I can get started!
- I found gold foil origami paper for my sister to make the paper cranes. So I am slowly piecing the smaller components before putting the manzanita tree together.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Just saw those Lotus Flower Candle holders on Luna Baazar and thought they were super beautiful...

Have you nixed the bamboo? Or are those going on the other tables...

Moni said...

Thanks, they are just the right size and won't obstruct the view. The bamboo will be used in the ceremony and the cocktail tables during the reception.