Saturday, October 29, 2011

I Heart Weddings



It's been exactly 153 days since Pepe and I got hitched! However, the wedding day is still very fresh in my mind. I can easily recall the tender loving moments we exchanged at the altar. I cried because I was so overcome with emotion. The sight of my husband to be and our love ones around us simply tugged at my heart strings. It really was the happiest day of my life.

So when people ask me about my wedding. I can't help but go on and on about it. But it isn't just my wedding that I love. I love weddings in general. Weddings are a day of celebration, pure and simple. It's two people coming together, two families coming together and how their lives will become inextricably intertwined. And the best weddings are those that celebrate the couple in love and showcase details that are meaningful to their relationship.

I may not be planning my own wedding anymore but I still have the DVR set to record a host of wedding shows. I still have mod duties on The Knot R.I board. I am also really looking forward to my friend's wedding next week and my nephew and niece's wedding in the fall of 2012. Years from now, Pepe and I would love to have a vow renewal to celebrate our love all over again. It's also a good excuse to throw a fabulous party!

So for those brides-to-be that are a little doubt plagued about taking the leap into matrimonial bliss. It may not be an easy ride but hang in there. The cloud of stress you are feeling while you plan your wedding will be lifted and it will be worth it because your love is worth all of the hard work, time and money you put into making that one special day perfect. Yeah, it is just one day but you know it's significant and you are committing forever....So just remember to enjoy it. :-)

Love,
Moni

No comments: