- Recycle bride's philosophy is that they believe every body's wedding stuff deserves a second chance to make a first impression. Members only, sign up is free, free to sell or buy used and new wedding items.
- Another free wedding website that allows brides to sell and buy without fear of fees or commissions. Items listed are more defined. Brides can search by categories. There is even a WANTED section for brides looking for specific wedding things.
3.100 Layer Cake
- Similar to Ruffled except vendors are allowed to sell their goods and brides are allowed to request vendor services and browse vendor portfolio.
4. and 5.Wedding Bee Classifieds & Project Wedding Classifieds
- Two different website with the same concept. However, Wedding Bee Classifieds is updated daily - more frequently than any of the other sites. Serious sellers and buyers flock to the site to buy new and used items listed in categories with the most recent date at the top of the forum. Project Wedding Classifieds do not have subcategories, just posts made by brides which means you have to trudge through pages and pages of endless listings. Unfortunately brides do not always post pictures and prices on both sites. Sometimes a private message or e-mail is the only way to inquire.
6.The Knot Trash to Treasure Board
- A true treasure trove that is buried deep with endless posts of wedding listings - much like Project Wedding Classifieds there are no categories. However if you have the patience it is worth it.
- Primarily selling new and used wedding dresses, this site makes it easy to sell and buy a dress. Listings are free and the site is user friendly.
So while browsing some of the sites above, I created a high end bridal look below with some fine frugal finds.
Preowned Priscilla of Boston Vineyard "Drew" dress $950, retails for $2,000 via oncewed
NEW Twigs and Honey Silk Flower $85 via 100 Layer Cake
USED Mini Birdcage veil pouf by Tessa Kim $30 via Weddingbee Classifieds, retails $39
NEW Badgley Mischka shoes $100, retails $245 via Ruffled Blog