Friday, April 23, 2010

Big Fat Cambodian-Chinese Wedding

Tomorrow I will be attending my nephew's wedding. This is the final day of an elaborate two day affair. The ceremony will start early in the morning and continue till late in the afternoon. Guests will be able to "break" before resuming again for the reception at night. This wedding is very grand. We are expecting more than 700 guests to attend. I'm pretty excited about it. I'm going to be interested in seeing how things unfold and how the bride and groom transitions from ceremony to reception. I imagine for the family members involved in planning this multi day event, the large guest count and complex ceremonies are going to be a logistical nightmare. I do hope the stress isn't too much for the young couple. They deserve to be happy and enjoy every moment of their wedding day.

No comments: