Saturday, January 23, 2010

Vendor Roll Call

After a ton of research I've complied a list of potential vendors for our wedding. I don't have a list of musicians or DJs because we have entrusted our family with that decision.

Florists

1. Studio 539 Flowers - Providence, R.I
www.539flowers.com

2. Florals by Alisa - Barrington, R.I
www.floralsbyalisa.com

3. Ray's Flower Shop - Fall River, MA
www.raysflowershopne.com

4. Colors Floral Design - Swansea, MA
www.colorsfloraldesign.com

5. Green Lion Design - Tiverton, R.I
www.greenlionri.com

6. Vine & Vessel - Seekonk, R.I
www.flowersbyxenia.com

7. Blooming Blossoms - Providence, R.I
www.blooming-blossoms.com


Make Up Artist

1. Robin McAloon - R.I
www.robinmakeup.com

2. Tara from Tada Yourself - M.A
www.tadayourself.com

3. Kristin Greene - R.I
www.Kristingreene.net


Hair

1. Chanda Sek
www.myspace.com/miss_chanda


Videography

1. The Light Mill Film Studio -CT
www.thelightmill.com

2. David Bettencourt - R.I
www.davidbettencourt.com

3. Mike Picard - R.I
www.mikepicardvideography.com

4. Meg Simone - NH
www.megsimone.com

5. Boston Wedding Films - MA
www.Bostonweddingfilms.com


Photographers (Revised List)
- After the venue, Photography is my number two priority. There is such a big pool of talented photographers in New England that to narrow it down to 7 potential picks was very difficult for me. However, through the process of elimination I've been able to find photographers who fit the bill in terms of style and budget. Now I just have to make arrangements to meet with them in person. I believe that making a connection with the photographer is just as important as the connection you have with their work. It was also important to me that the photography package included edited high resolution files with the rights to reprint and full day coverage(unlimited hours). I simply didn't want to pay for hourly rates because it was just too costly in the end and because I didn't know how many hours I needed on my wedding day. It was tough because I had to eliminate a good number of photographers who had the artistic style I sought after but did not offer full day rates. Photography is also my biggest splurge. Prices for the photographers ranged from under 1,000 to a little over 4,000.

1. Raw Photo Studio - CT

2. Val McCormick - CT

3. Kelly Prizel - CT

4. Geneve Hoffman - ME

5. Mandy Mayberry - MA

6. Kate McElwee - MA $3500

7. Candace Jeffery - CT $3800


DOC

1. Pink Orchids Wedding - Emilie & Fiona
www.pinkorchidweddings.com

2. Infinite Events - Andria
www.infinite-events.net

No comments: