Tuesday, February 1, 2011

:-(

The title of my post sums up how I feel about the caterer canceling on us -117 days before the big day. The reason or excuse they gave us didn't make much sense either. I mean why did they agree to caterer our wedding if they felt the venue was too far? Why did they not tell me upfront about how ill equipped they are to execute dinner service without a kitchen on site? Why ask me to set up an appointment with the venue coordinator a week before canceling on us? Finally, why wait to tell me now and not earlier...like when I inquired 4 months ago? I know our wedding is small fries compared to the Big Fat Cambodian weddings with like a bazillion guests. Profit wise we are just not on the top of their list. So instead of finalizing our menu this weekend, I am scrambling to find caterers that can serve up authentic Asian cuisine. My options are limited but it's okay, I'm not going to panic and jump overboard. Planning has been smooth sailing before we hit this huge snag in the sail. I just hope that one of the caterers we meet with is going to be our life saver.

2 comments:

Lian said...

:( I can't believe they would do that this close to the wedding day. I hope you got your deposit money back! Good luck!

Boop said...

Wow that's awful. Some caterers will give you a discount this close to the date, but May is kind of a huge month for weddings. Any off chance they can refer you to another caterer? Best of luck finding a new one!